This vegan raspberry cream cheese is the perfect breakfast or lunch time snack. It's quick to make, delicious, and healthy! Easy to take on the go and perfect to enjoy with a warm toasted bagel and a cup of fresh juice in the morning. This plant based cream cheese is made with just a few simple ingredients and a tofu base you're sure to love!
Cream cheese bagels are my go to when I don't feel like cooking! In fact, in high school I ate a plain cream cheese bagel almost every day with a bag of Hot Cheetos, lol! I am a little healthier now though and try to be more mindful of what I eat.
I'm not going to lie.. I sure do miss those days when I could eat whatever I wanted! And while this cream cheese is a great plant based alternative, it does not taste like real cream cheese. This dairy-free spread still satisfies my cravings though and is still delicious!
Vegan raspberry cream cheese is so simple and quick to make in the morning once everything is prepared. You just slice your bagel, pop it in the toaster, put on your spread, and get going! And what I love about it is how you can make it with so many different kinds of fruits. Try it with strawberry, blueberries, or blackberries!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- refined coconut oil
- lemon juice
- apple cider vinegar
- fresh raspberries
How to make vegan raspberry cream cheese
- Cut the tofu into cubes and add into a food processor.
- Blend it for 2 mins and add lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and let curdle for 5 mins.
- Melt the coconut oil and place it into the food processor.
- Blend everything for 2-3 mins until it is smooth.
- Place the cream cheese into a bowl and mix in the raspberries, stirring with a fork.
- Enjoy it on a fresh toasted bagel!
Tips For Success
- Make sure to drain the water from your tofu and pat it dry so that the cream cheese is not too wet.
- If you prefer a smoother texture than mine, leave in the food processor for an extra minute or two until it reaches desired consistency. Scrape the sides half way through to ensure everything is blended evenly.
- If you want your cream cheese to be a little sweeter, feel free to add 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup when mixing.
While you can use tofu to make a delightfully plant based creamy "cream cheese", you could instead use cashews for a slightly different consistency and flavor. You would mix them in a food processor with other ingredients until it's a smooth consistency.
There are also lots of flavor options for this vegan cream cheese. You can use any fruit you like in this cream cheese if raspberries aren't your thing. It taste just as great with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc!
Here are some more ideas:
- Garlic and onion
- Dill herb
- Maple syrup
- Cinnamon sugar
- This cream cheese will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Because it's all mixed together, you only need to make it once a week. It's easy to pull out and spread on a bagel or toast any day.
- Just make sure to examine your tofu cream cheese before use. When tofu starts to go bad, it will have a sour smell and begin to turn brown.
- Food processor
What's vegan cream cheese made of?
This vegan cream cheese is made with tofu, coconut oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and raspberries. You can also make the base with cashews, coconut cream, and lemon juice instead.
Can vegan cream cheese be substituted for cream cheese?
In some cases, yes. If you're going to spread it on top of a muffin or biscuit then it's a great substitute. It won't do well in a cheesecake or other dish that calls for cream cheese because the consistency will be off. This plant based cream cheese should not be heated.
Is vegan cream cheese healthy?
Yes, this vegan cream cheese is healthy! Compared to regular cream cheese, it has much fewer calories and fat.
Can you buy vegan cream cheese from the store?
Yes, you can buy this cream cheese from grocery stores like Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. They generally have it next to the tofu and other non-dairy items.
What can I do with flavored cream cheese?
You can use cream cheese anywhere spreadable cheese sounds good. Try it in wraps, on bagels or toast, on top of muffins, on crackers, on biscuits, or in a sweet and savory sandwich.
This nutrition card is calculated by a third party app and is only an estimate. The numbers will vary based on the specific ingredient amounts and brands you use in making this recipe.
12 servings per container
Serving Size4 tablespoons
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 9g 45%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 75mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Did you try this recipe?
Please let me know how this Vegan Raspberry Cream Cheese turned out for you! Leave a comment and rating below and don't forget to sign up for the newsletter if you want to receive recipes, meal plans, and special offers in your inbox.
Did you love it? Hit the share buttons!
Hi! I'm the founder of Speak Veggie To Me, a fun health and food blog where I share my favorite mouthwatering vegan and vegetarian recipes.