This vegan fig and walnut loaf cake is made with a cream cheese frosting and topped with fresh fig slices and chopped walnuts. It is a figgin' delicious treat that is perfect for any occasion and takes only an hour to make. Impress your guests with each perfectly moist and flavorful bite. This vegan gluten free dessert will have everyone coming back for seconds!
This delicious vegan fig and walnut loaf cake with a cream cheese frosting is a fig lover's dream! It is infused with warm spices, citrus flavors, and hints of coffee. The cake has such a unique flavor that I know you'll love and the fresh figs give it some added sweetness. Top this beauty with chopped walnuts for some crunchy textures.
Serve this fig loaf cake at your next gathering and wow your guests! It's the perfect after dinner dessert. Leftovers (if there are any) will taste great for breakfast with a cup of your favorite tea.
Give it a try if you're looking for something new in the dessert department! This fig loaf cake will not disappoint!
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Total: 1 hour
- All purpose gluten free flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Refined coconut oil
- Almond milk
- Orange juice and zest
- Espresso coffee
Cream cheese frosting:
- Vegan cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Orange juice
- Fresh figs
- Chopped walnuts
How to make vegan fig loaf cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line a standard-size loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, spices.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients: oil, almond, milk, orange juice, orange zest, coffee.
- Pour wet ingredients into a bowl with dry ingredients and stir everything well until combined and you have a thick batter.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared tin, smooth the surface and bake in the preheated oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. In a bowl mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, orange juice, orange zest and maple syrup with a handstand blender.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it cool for about one hour.
- Spread the frosting on top generously using a spatula.
- Garnish with fresh fig slices and chopped walnuts on top.
Tips For Success And Variations
- This fig loaf cake has a mild sweetness to let the other flavors shine through. If you want a sweeter cake and frosting, add 1/4 cup more sugar!
- Want some crunch in it? Mix a handful of chopped walnuts in the batter prior to baking.
- Don't like coffee? It's fine to omit it!
- Want to use lemon instead of orange? Go for it! Just note that I have not tried the lemon and coffee combination.
- All ovens bake differently, so make sure to do the toothpick test. When inserted in the center of the cake, it should come out clean.
- This loaf cake is best served fresh but will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Store it in an airtight container.
- You can freeze it in a freezer bag or freeze safe container with a lid for up to 2 months. When you're ready to eat it, just let it thaw in the fridge overnight or leave it out for a few hours at room temperature.
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowls
- Handheld blender
This nutrition card is calculated by a third party app and is only an estimate. The numbers will vary based on the specific ingredient amounts and brands you use in making this recipe.
8 servings per container
Serving Size1 servings
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 14g 70%
- Sodium 402mg 17%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 233mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 12g 48%
- Sugars 22g
- Protein 6g 12%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Did you try this recipe?
Please let me know how this Vegan and Gluten Free Fig and Walnut Loaf Cake turned out for you! Leave a comment and rating below and don't forget to sign up for the newsletter if you want to receive recipes, meal plans, and special offers in your inbox.
Did you love it? Hit the share buttons!
Hi! I'm the founder of Speak Veggie To Me, a fun health and food blog where I share my favorite mouthwatering vegan and vegetarian recipes.