Let's kick start your morning with a healthy breakfast! It's time for a homemade vegan butter and plum jam on toast recipe. Butter is usually made from dairy, but this homemade version is totally plant based and super delicious made using just a handful of ingredients. And the plum jam only uses two! Spread it onto your favorite bread for a tasty and nutritious breakfast or snack!
This homemade vegan butter is so easy to make, and the perfect spread for your toasted bread. This butter is also a great healthy dairy-free breakfast option if you're looking for something filling that won't weigh you down! It's made using coconut oil, sunflower oil, soy milk, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, and a little turmeric to give it that beautiful yellow color!
The plum jam has the perfect mix of sweet and tart notes and pairs beautifully with the plant based butter. It is so much healthier than store bought and does not take long to make at all. The best part? It only uses two simple ingredients! Plums and just a tablespoon of brown sugar. Yum!
This easy and delicious vegan fruit butter with plums would be great on just about any bread, breakfast muffin, or pancake. It's all homemade using minimal ingredients so you don't have to worry about any nasty preservatives or artificial flavors. Make it ahead and store it in the fridge to enjoy a quick breakfast throughout the week!
Feel free to experiment with different toppings too, instead of plums! That's what I love most about this breakfast - it pairs well with lots of different flavors like strawberries, peaches, figs, currants.. the list goes on!
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 5-7 minutes
- Cooling time: 30 minutes
- Total: 45 minutes
- Coconut oil
- Soy milk
- Sunflower oil
- Lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt
- Brown sugar
- Bread for toast
How to make vegan butter and plum jam
- Add lemon juice and apple cider vinegar into a cup with soy milk. Let it curdle for 10 minutes.
- Melt the coconut butter and place it into a food processor or mixer.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend for 2 minutes until everything is smooth.
- Distribute the butter into jars or molds and put into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make a plum jam: cut the plums into small chunks, place into a small pot over a medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of sugar. Stir and saute for 6-7 minutes.
- Toast a piece of bread, spread butter on it and then spread plum jam on top. Enjoy!
Tips For Success
- I like to keep the vegan butter and plum jam separately but you can lightly mix it together to make a fruit butter. I choose to keep it separate because I like to use different jams with it every day! The vegan butter will also keep longer in the fridge without the fruit mixed in.
- The vegan butter is plain but can be flavored to be sweet or savory. Feel free to try different flavors!
- If the jam is not sweet enough for you, add in a little more brown sugar. This will depend on your personal taste and also how sweet your plums were to begin with.
- Store the vegan butter in the fridge for up to two weeks in an air tight container or mason jar.
- Store the plum jam in the fridge for 3-5 days in an air tight container or jar.
- If the vegan butter is mixed with the plum jam to make a fruit butter, you can store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. Pour into molds and stick in the freezer. Once frozen, pop it into a freezer bag and place back in the freezer.
- Food processor
- Small pot
- Jars or molds
This nutrition card is calculated by a third party app and is only an estimate. The numbers will vary based on the specific ingredient amounts and brands you use in making this recipe.
24 servings per container
Serving Size1 servings
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 12g 60%
- Sodium 101mg 5%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 36mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 2g
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Did you try this recipe?
Please let me know how this Vegan Butter And Plum Jam Toast turned out for you! Leave a comment and rating below and don't forget to sign up for the newsletter if you want to receive recipes, meal plans, and special offers in your inbox.
Did you love it? Hit the share buttons!
Hi! I'm the founder of Speak Veggie To Me, a fun health and food blog where I share my favorite mouthwatering vegan and vegetarian recipes.