I love a good cream cheese recipe and this plant based version with delicious red peppers does not disappoint! This vegan red pepper cream cheese is the perfect match for your bagels and veggie sandwiches - it's dairy free, healthy, and oh so tasty! What's also awesome is that this easy spread is super quick to make taking less than ten minutes and is made with only 8 ingredients!
Here's a red pepper cream cheese recipe that is not only appetizing, but also plant-based and nutritious! I love experimenting with different flavors and this one was a huge success. Red peppers are in season right now and they're so sweet, flavorful, and provide a refreshing crunch when you bite into them.
This red pepper cream cheese recipe is made with just a handful of simple ingredients such as tofu, red peppers, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, and chives that result in a creamy vegan-friendly take on the classic. While it does not taste like real cream cheese (because it's not), it is still a great dairy-free alternative!
I can eat this red pepper spread on everything! My favorite way to use this easy recipe is by spreading it on a warm toasted Homemade Vegan Bagel. It's also great in veggie sandwiches with spinach, cucumber, sprouts, tomatoes, and onions. Yum! You can also eat it as a dip with all of your favorite raw vegetables. It's incredibly flavorful and can be enjoyed many ways!
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Refined coconut oil
- Lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar
- Red bell pepper
- Break the block of tofu apart and add into a food processor.
- Blend tofu for 2 minutes. Add in the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and allow it to curdle for 5 minutes.
- Add melted coconut oil into food processor.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes or until it is desired consistency.
- Place the cream cheese into a bowl and mix in paprika, salt, red pepper, and chives.
- Enjoy this spread on a fresh toasted bagel or as a dip for your veggies!
Tips For Success
- Drain all of the excess water from the tofu and pat dry with a clean towel so that your cream cheese consistency is not too wet.
- For a smoother and creamier texture, blend the tofu in the food processor until it reaches desired consistency and scrape the sides halfway through to ensure an even blend.
- You can use any kind of bell pepper. You can even use a jalapeño pepper if you want some spice!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or jar with a lid inside of the fridge for 3-5 days. If the tofu starts to brown or smell sour, it has gone bad.
- Food processor
This nutrition card is calculated by a third party app and is only an estimate. The numbers will vary based on the specific ingredient amounts and brands you use in making this recipe.
12 servings per container
Serving Size4 tablespoons
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 9g 45%
- Sodium 198mg 9%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 385mg 11%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 6g 12%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Did you try this recipe?
Please let me know how this Healthy Vegan Red Pepper Cream Cheese turned out for you! Leave a comment and rating below and don't forget to sign up for the newsletter if you want to receive recipes, meal plans, and special offers in your inbox.
Did you love it? Hit the share buttons!
Hi! I'm the founder of Speak Veggie To Me, a fun health and food blog where I share my favorite mouthwatering vegan and vegetarian recipes.