Introducing crispy mushroom fajita tacos! This healthy vegan and vegetarian recipe is so flavorful, easy to make, and perfect for Taco Tuesday. Trust us - it'll be the best taco night ever. Each bite is totally satisfying!
You seriously can't go wrong with these for taco night! The crispy mushroom fajita tacos are a new recipe that you'll want to try as soon as possible. They're completely plant based, easy to make, and packed with flavor!
When I first transitioned into a plant based diet, tacos were my go to! I made them every day before work.. the same 'ole recipe day after day. It got so boring so began trying out new combinations and ways to replace meat and these tacos soon became my new favorite.
They're topped with a homemade guacamole, a vegan sour cream, fresh corn salsa, and garnished with cilantro straight from the garden. It's so delicious!
The best part is the creation and making them yours so load them up with all of your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, or salsa. You can also put beans in the tacos for extra protein. Get creative and fill your tacos with any ingredients you desire!
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total: 20 minutes
- Corn salsa
- Pico de gallo
- Vegan sour cream
- Flour tortillas for tacos
For Mushroom Fajita:
- Portobello mushrooms
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Red onion
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
For Mushroom Marinade:
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Black pepper
How to make crispy mushroom fajita tacos
- Slice the mushroom cups into thick ½-inch strips.
- Prepare a marinade for the mushrooms: in a bowl mix soy sauce, water, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and pepper. Place mushrooms into the marinade and stir until evenly coated, cover a bowl with a lid and put into the fridge for 30 mins.
- In a meantime, slice the bell peppers into thick long strips, also slice the onion lengthwise into large chunks. Put bell peppers and onions into a big bowl and cover with spices: chili, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with lime juice and stir.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the seasoned vegetables and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the marinade and add to the skillet. Stir everything and cook for another 6-7 minutes.
- Heat a 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a skillet and toast tortillas a little bit on both sides, then make a taco shell and arrange all the fillings. Serve with vegan sourcream and enjoy.
Tips For Success
- If you're making everything homemade, it's best to prep your corn salsa, Pico de Gallo, and guacamole ahead of time so the flavors really set in. Keep it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- You can use different mushrooms, or maybe a blend, if you'd like some different textures. Oyster and shiitake mushrooms also work amazing!
- If you want your tacos a little heartier, add some black beans or load up with more vegetables.
- Want soft tacos instead? Wrap them in foil and warm them in the oven at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Store leftovers in separate airtight containers and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- It's best to use fresh tortillas when you're ready to eat your tacos again. That way you can be sure to have a crispy shell!
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knife
- Frying pan
This nutrition card is calculated by a third party app and is only an estimate. The numbers will vary based on the specific ingredient amounts and brands you use in making this recipe.
3 servings per container
Serving Size2 tacos
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Trans Fat 3g
- Sodium 1980mg 83%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 1886mg 54%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 16g 64%
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 16g 32%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Did you try this recipe?
Please let me know how these Crispy Mushroom Fajita Tacos turned out for you! Leave a comment and rating below and don't forget to sign up for the newsletter if you want to receive recipes, meal plans, and special offers in your inbox.
Did you love it? Hit the share buttons!
Hi! I'm the founder of Speak Veggie To Me, a fun health and food blog where I share my favorite mouthwatering vegan and vegetarian recipes.