Almond Flour Pancakes are keto-friendly, amazingly moist, and absolutely delicious. They’re topped with in-season berries and have a secret ingredient that you’re going to love! Drizzle some warm sugar-free maple syrup over the top for that comfort food feeling.
These Almond Flour Pancakes are a must-try if you're looking for an easy, keto, and gluten free breakfast recipe. They use simple ingredients, don't fall apart, are crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and melt in your mouth - just how I like it! Together with fresh berries, they make a perfectly healthy and tasty low carb breakfast that is packed with protein. It's a simple and quick to make meal the whole family will love!
For our recipe, cream cheese is used to make the keto almond flour pancakes super fluffy and moist in the center. We like to give the outside a slight crisp. And they're freaking amazing! I don't know about you.. but I hate dry pancakes! A little cream cheese in your keto pancakes will fix all of that.
Top these babies with fresh fruit and a drizzle of your favorite sugar-free syrup for the perfect keto breakfast.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total: 25 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp stevia (or other keto sweetener)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries
- Mint leaves to garnish
- sugar-free syrup to drizzle
- Substitute the butter for a vegan option like coconut cream or cashew cream.
- Substitute the cream cheese for a vegan option like coconut cream cheese.
- Substitute any of the fruits with another of your choice such as sliced bananas.
How to make keto pancakes
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with stevia and baking powder. The more air you whisk into them, the fluffier your pancakes will be.
- Add almond flour and cream cheese, whisk together until well combined.
- Heat a skillet and melt a piece of butter.
- Pour 3 tbsp batter to form each pancake.
- Cook pancakes over medium-low heat until the edges have set and the batter starts forming little bubbles, approximately 2 minutes, then use a spatula to carefully flip them and cook on the second side for 30-60 seconds. Repeat this process for the rest of the pancakes until the batter is gone.
- Serve with fresh berries, mint and sugar free syrup. Enjoy!
Tips For Success
- Allow the batter to sit for a few minutes after mixing it together to allow the baking powder to activate. You’ll begin to see bubbles forming on the surface of the mixture. This is when you know it’s ready to cook. They will be extra fluffy this way!
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened before adding it in, otherwise it will be hard to mix with the other ingredients and will be clumpy.
- If you’re making a lot of pancakes, keep the oven on low and put them on a baking sheet to keep the pancakes warm while you’re cooking up the rest of the batter.
- Keep the pancakes in an airtight container or in a sealed zip top bag in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- The berries can also be stored in the fridge if you have any left over.
- Heat them in the microwave for 20 seconds when you’re ready to eat any leftovers.
- Mixing bowls
- Nonstick skillet
Is almond flour keto friendly?
Yes, almond flour is a low-carb, high-fat flour option that is perfect for a keto diet! It's also a great way to get some protein in.
Are almond flour pancakes gluten free?
Yes, almond flour is both wheat free and gluten free making it an ideal choice for those avoiding it or who have intolerances.
Are almond flour pancakes healthy?
Yes, almond flour is a healthy and nutritious option that is packed with protein and rich in vitamin E. As mentioned above, almond flour is also low-carb and gluten-free.
What do almond flour pancakes taste like?
They are buttery, soft, fluffy, with a slight nutty taste. Best when eaten with fresh fruits to send sweet notes to your tastebuds.
What is the healthiest flour for pancakes?
Almond flour is high in fat and low in carbs and is one of the healthiest flours to use for pancakes.
This nutrition card is calculated by a third party app and is only an estimate. The numbers will vary based on the specific ingredient amounts and brands you use in making this recipe.
3 servings per container
Serving Size6 pancakes
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 15g 75%
- Cholesterol 305mg 102%
- Sodium 395mg 17%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 219mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 14g 29%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Did you try this recipe?
Please let me know how these Keto Almond Flour Pancakes turned out for you! Leave a comment and rating below and don't forget to sign up for the newsletter if you want to receive recipes, meal plans, and special offers in your inbox.
Did you love it? Hit the share buttons!
Hi! I'm the founder of Speak Veggie To Me, a fun health and food blog where I share my favorite mouthwatering vegan and vegetarian recipes.